Cable modem - Consistent lag spike =|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kook

Beta member
Anyone here able to help?

I got a Linksys BEFCMU10 v2 cable modem and Linksys router.. after buying cable modem, I started getting consistent lag spikes on time.. like every 45 mins or so.. sometimes it would change to every 30 minutes, etc.. and lag spike last 15 seconds.

I'm using Ping Plotter to monitor it and it's exactly on time.

I got a Netgear router today to try to see if it fixes it and it's still doing the same thing. Is it the cable modem and how can I fix it? I changed the MTU to 1492 and tried what I can, no clue.

Help =|

Hey kook, welcome to TF. (Long shot) Do you still have the modem that your ISP provides or did you return it when you bought the new one?

If so, hook it up and try it.
If not, call your provider and tell them that you are getting spikes and see if they can test the line and if need be, let you lease/rent/barrow a modem.

Hiya, ya I was renting a modem.. then bought the Linksys BEFCMU10 and noticed the spike... 2 days ago I bought a Motorola SB5100 and directly plugged that to the PC and still the lag spikes =\

So it can't be the modem. Can interference be a problem from anything? I guess i'll have to call Cox to tell them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom