Buying some new parts for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid State Member
i want to get some new things for my PC coz its getting abit old and i dont have enough money to buy a whole new one so im looking on this shops websites online cataloge and seeing wat i should get heres the site-http://www.cpl.net.au/images/879912607.pdf
i want a new Cpu, new HD, new memory, and a tv card or something with a TV In for it,
here is wat i think i might get for my buget (not much)

CPU- Amd Xp 2400 oem -$105
H/D- Maxtor 80gb 7200 8mb-$99
Memory- 512mb 3500 kingmax-$139

that is wat i think i might get and i still want a tv in card, so yeh can some1 plz have a look at that and see if they are any good and plz suggest a tv in card i should get from that site, Thankz

ok first thing is that you already have a CPU that is your entire tower so what you are really asking about is the AMD procssor which is ok for gaming but i preffer a P4,2nd Maxtor is an ok HD but i preffer Western digital because it comes with a 3yr warranty and also $99 is way too much for 80GB, try doing a google search or EBay for a HD,512mb of memory is fine for about anything you want to run but kingmax is not that great of a brand try kinston, and last but not least what OS are you going to load on this new system? I recommend XP PRO because if you ever have to run a restore yu can do a non-hostile with pro and not lose your data, bottom line is you can go to a local computer store and get a barebone system for about $300 then begin your upgrades a little at a time to save money instead of trying to upgrade an out dated system :)

yeh im gonna be running Xp Pro on it, so yeh, and wat should get for viewing my tv on my computer (mainly for my ps2) so i can take screen shots and stuff, thankz

yeh thankz for that, but i dont really want a whole new video card i just want like a tv tuner or something so i can just look at my tv, ( i dont need any tv channles or anything) i just want it so i can take screen shots of me playin my ps2.

if you do decide to just upgrade your old system keep in mind that the new compoents such as a faster processor may not be compatible with your current motherboard, really just get a barebone system and add the video card for an example of a barebone system got to http://www.vitalitycomputer.com/

ok...you can add a second card with just the tuner for about $30 but you dont need that to take a screen shot...to do a screen shot hold down the ctrl key and hit the prt scr key then open something like microsoft word and click the paste button, you can screen shot anything and everything on your screen.

yeh i think il just get that $30 thing coz i want to be able to play my playstation2 through my computer so i can take screenshots fo that, coz im making a flash map for gta sa and i need to take pictures of everything so i just want to buy something that will let me play my ps2 through my computer, and then be able to take screenshots(which i already know how to do that normally).
thankz

CODEPOET said:
if you do decide to just upgrade your old system keep in mind that the new compoents such as a faster processor may not be compatible with your current motherboard, really just get a barebone system and add the video card for an example of a barebone system got to http://www.vitalitycomputer.com/

yeh i would buy it from there but they dont ship to australia and i could find things cheaper somewhere, in australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom