Buying a prebuild Comp O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinslayer

Baseband Member
I don't really have money to outright buy the parts I want so I was thinking of just doing the old prebuild route so I can get a payment plan of some kind that I can manage better. What are good companies for this? I want to get a real nice gaming rig but can't afford to drop hundreds of dollars at a time for parts.

I'd search online for clone pcs. Those are pcs that don't rip you off like company computers like Dell, or Gateway, but you will definitely get what you pay for.

For the record, if you already have an operating system and stuff like that, then it is much cheaper to build one yourself. The computers that you're worried about taking up your money are the ones that we recommend for top-of-the-line stuff, however, you can build a decent computer for only $700 or so that can handle games pretty well.

Here is what I currently have:

AMD Athelon 2800 (1.9ghz)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 256MB
512MB DDR Ram (2 256s)
120GB HD
I have no clue what my powersupply is running at or exactly what type of motherboard I have. I'm at work now I can't really check. I'm sure they are nothing special though.

thats way out of date. Sorry, but thats not going to run next gen games very good at all. A better aproach would be...
AMD Athelon 64 3200+
Leadtek 6600gt or any other brand.
1gb of any ram.
make sure you have at least a 450 watt p/s

Yeah I know it's out of date that's why I want a new one, lol.

I was thinking of a 6800gt but they are really expensive, but I want something that will last a while. I don't know much about motherboards but for a processor I would like an athelon xp or 64 (depending on price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom