Buying OOOOOOOLD PC Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

weriov

Beta member
Hey guys (and girls),

I'm wondering if anybody knows of a good place to buy old PC systems and/or parts. I mean the REALLY old stuff--AT&T 6300's, IBM XT's/AT's, 8086/286-based clones, etc. I'm trying to put together an old system to run some...well, old stuff ;) Any ideas? I'd be most appreciative!

check ebay, im sure you can find something there.

check some second hand sellers mag's if you have any, or check the papers.

Ummm....why would you want those, if i may ask?
....trying to start an electronics museum?
Seriously though, if you need to run old programs, there may be an emulator for the system you need out there somewhere. Just google it up.

I know they have a computer show here once a month that has some booths with old stuff. Might want to see if they have them in your area.

chesman, actually, I've been over Ebay and not found anything (nothing useful, at least, except for a few random parts), but thanks for the thought.

Zero, nope, I'm not starting a museum, but I'm not a big emulation fan...emu's are great for video games, but when it comes to computer emu's, they always have bugs and never get processing speeds quite right.

I guess maybe the reason I want some of this stuff in the first place is for nostalgia purposes--I was born in the early 80's and my dad worked for the OPC in AT&T, so I had my first PC (an AT&T 6300 with that awful green screen) when I was 2 and grew up with all that "classic" style stuff. Unfortunately, most of that's gone by the wayside over the years (only so much space in the attic), but I'd get a kick of putting one of those old boxes back together after all these years.

Nothing special, nothing earth-shattering...just a little fun, if I can find the supplies :)

the hard part is everyone throws their old systems away because they become literally worthless and obsolete over the years. if you're serious i would ask old people or even place an ad.

good luck dude

ya, i had an old epson computer a few years back, good ole guy! lol

nice HUGE desktop with a tny wierd looking monitor that only showed orange and black. Gotta love playing pool and leisure suit larry on that baby!

o ya!

check pawn stores...THRIFT stores is a great place to pick up OLD stuff...One persons junk is another persons treasure (or something liek that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom