buying a gaming comp -- need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
will retail stores do assembling for u? i know some of the peripherals could be better, and i know u can upgrade some of them too, but will they do that? i bet it'll cost more though.

the processor's the only problem? what about the graphics/video card? and the rest?

dell=worst online retailer EVER, and plus their comps suck ass and they have a below 40% rating on reseller rating

i'm assuming that that's where you are buying it from

well you should look into some sites that custom builds comps for you (monarchcomputer.com is very good, and you should also check out the place senseless works at www.adkgaming.com)

edit: i'm pretty sure they both ship to canda, but you gotta pay in US currency

is it a good idea to go to somewhere like FurtureShop or BestBuy and make custom builds there?

tell me what u think of this one:

Microsoft Windows XP Home (does it matter whether it is Pro or Home?)
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
160GB 7200RPM
CD-RW/DVD+RW Combo Drive
NVIDIA FX5200XT AGP
Integrated Sound Card
533MHz System Bus

I also wanted to ask which internet provider would be the best for gaming. right now i have rogers cable

that systsem is much better than previous one, but still not good.
Ram.. 2700 is not good, u need to get some 3200. u dont need higher than 3200 unless u overclock. 1gb ram is also recommended. If u dont have nough money, cut down the cpu to a 3200+ and get better graphics card and ram.

for the gfx, try getting a 6600gt, or a 9800 pro, something in that range.

The FX 5200 is total crap, especiallly for today's games. if u have the cash, id get a gig of RAM, a PCI-Express mobo, and an X800 XL

flare said:
is it a good idea to go to somewhere like FurtureShop or BestBuy and make custom builds there?

Futureshop wont build PC's anymore cuz they break em

Tommorow, I will post up some gear from ncix.com
Their's a 50$ assembly fee

DFI lanparty ultra nf4 or abit an8 $155
amd 3200+ winchester core socket 939 $190
6600gt eVGA $180 could change to a 6800gt add about $230
512-1024 megs of dual channel pc3200 ram $150
80-120 gig sata hdd 70-100 bucks
case whatever you want dont look at anything below 40 bucks though $60
dvd +-rw dive $60
some fans cable and other crap $50

that setup is about $750-$800 us which is about

if you want the 6800gt then it would be about $1000 or about $1150 canadian

= $900 canadian plus shipping look into buying from ncix.com it is in canada and prices are quite cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom