Do you like good or bad news

• Give me the good news

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give me the bad news

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, 12ms is fine for gaming, 8ms is very good for gaming, 3ms is very very good, but not needed. You don't see ghosting at all at 8ms so he could save $100+.

Meh, I really don't like the specs for the ViewSonic...at all. It's ugly too.

I am going with the Acer.

vaderpro said:
the above is an example of the 4ms viewsonic vs a 8ms unit.....hmmm...the 8ms is much better...
Oh... well... um. You can't blame me for not knowing, I have never owned an LCD!

LCDs really are better than CRTs despite what hard core gamers will tell you. Yeah, CRTs may be slightly smoother in first person shooter games, but the advantages in an LCD far outweigh the disadvantages.

I like my black levels......I haven't seen an lcd out there yet that satisfy my black level needs.......Lcds are flat and easier on the eyes but cost a lot of money for a good quality one and don't have as high of a black level. I haven't seen of the new expensive high quality lcds so I don't know how good the black levels are. I will admit, they have come a long way and someday will prob have very nice black levels. If only they sold dlp or Lcos monitors.......Ones with 3 chips and no color wheel.

Id say the ACER AL1714 i also have a sony LCD but its 15" i bought it for 150 CDN sony has a pretty good lineup of LCD's but so does acer

Vampire_Slayer said:
I like my black levels......I haven't seen an lcd out there yet that satisfy my black level needs.......Lcds are flat and easier on the eyes but cost a lot of money for a good quality one and don't have as high of a black level. I haven't seen of the new expensive high quality lcds so I don't know how good the black levels are. I will admit, they have come a long way and someday will prob have very nice black levels. If only they sold dlp or Lcos monitors.......Ones with 3 chips and no color wheel.

Yeah, the black levels really help in games like Doom 3....which is the only game I can say doesn't look as good on my LCD as it did my CRT. Everything else looks better with the more vibrant colors the LCD provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom