Burning woes. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruptic

Beta member
OK...I was happily and successfully burning on a Philips PCRW464K47 for a couple of years when, BANG. . .it started detecting only 125kb total space (and 0 available, of course)on ANY media brand inserted. I did all the usual (checking hardware status and auto detect settings, defrag, uninstall-reinstall drivers and burning software, trying OTHER burning software, etc.) to no avail. I even (wince!) talked with Philips "tech" support, who came to the same conclusion as I. . ."sounds like your burner is screwy." I just bit the bullet and bought a new Sony CRX1750U. After successful installment, I inserted new media, and guess what, EXACTLY THE SAME READING! I truly do not know where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thanks Chopper,

I somehow knew that would be the answer. I even bought a second hard drive to store everything while I formatted and reinstalled the OS, but I just had to see if anyone could think of anything that I hadn't . Oh well. . wish me luck!

Thanks again and great forum. Glad I found it!

cruptic

cruptic said:
Thanks Chopper,

I somehow knew that would be the answer. I even bought a second hard drive to store everything while I formatted and reinstalled the OS, but I just had to see if anyone could think of anything that I hadn't . Oh well. . wish me luck!

Thanks again and great forum. Glad I found it!

cruptic

No problems! Please tell us how it works out.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom