Burning Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
My PC can not burn CD's. I did an update and then I was able to burn, once. But now it won't burn at all. I've changed burners, but I'm still getting the same thing. I've tried Nero 6 (with all updates), and used windows media player, but it doesn't seem to see the cd in the drive when I want to burn. I've checked the device manager, and it shows that the drive is there and recognized. Help!! I've thrown in a DVD as well, and it won't play.

no...he/she doesn't get an error message...so it like...isn't even reading the drive. Actually, it regonizes it, so it knows that the cable's plugged in, but the cable's loose.

Ya, it's not an error message, it sees the drive, it's just not recognizing that there is a cd in the drive to burn

but you can read cd's?

have you tried uninstalling from device manager and restarting to have it pick up again?

there might be a chance your burner is broken.

have you tried updating the firmware on this drive?

have you used this kind of media before?

I'll try removing the drivers from device manager and see how that works. I've switched burners, and I'm still getting the same problem, and I know the second burner is ok. I've used Nero and win media to burn before. I'll check for the latest drivers, see if that helps. thanks

I got it working, thanks for all your help. It just ended up being the IDE cable. I changed it, and now it works like a charm. Thanks all.

ack, it didn't end up being the IDE cable. But I tried another burner, (yet another one), and it works. I guess the old burner was flaky. Anyways, thanks people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom