Burning A CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

parry

Solid State Member
Is it possible with nero to make a cd that i can update say every month.

For example i put thus months coursework on it, then next month i update it with more but keeping the other coursework. I just want to save my cds

Heyyo,

Yes, with CD-RW's. You can always re write to those cds.. BUt, if you wish to change content already on the cd (such as replace a file) you need to erase the current content on the cd. So I'd be like this:

finish some course work, burn it to a CD-RW.

You update that course work, back up the course work on the CD-RW (like files you'll still need that won't be updated) onto the HD that you might wanna re-write to the cd-rw.

Erase the CD-RW

burn the new files onto the cd-rw.

the process repeats.

Most CD-RW's are 650MB, and note they are more expensive than CD-R's due to their ability to re-write. Also note that you can't use them for music cd's as a music cd requires the CD to be "finalized". Why? who knows, some crappy standard for CDA's I guess.

Heyyo,

CD-R's are just that, recordable. Once you write stuff to them? it's permanent, especially if you finalize the cd.

Now with nero, they have this cool thing with those "multi-session" cds. You can actually write more stuff to a cd time-after-time until it fills up. :)

To do this, when you burn the cd, make sure it's set to "start multi-session cd" or if you're continuing one "continue a multi-session cd" and there ya go. make sure you also save the state of the cd inna .nrg file or something like that. Now note, you can't have the files in the same place with the same filename, so maybe create folders by dates you burn the files to the cd. It'll keep the cd organized, and then you'll have multiple-dates for the cds.

Since it's just basic schoolwork, I'm sure you won't be using big files. so this multi-session cd thig should work great for you man, try it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom