Burner problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
For the last several days I've been having some trouble with DVD burning. I can't figure out if this is a burner problem or a media problem.

When it burns correctly, I get a flashing amber "burn" light on the drive. Lately it's been flashing green (read) several times, then amber (burn) for a split second, then repeats. The burn usually gets to about 20 something % finished and locks up or errors out (depending on the program I'm using). This happens every time with every media I've tried (-R +R) except for RW. It will finish an RW burn, but it does the same green, amber light thing and it burns at about 1.5 x regardless of the media.

I've probably gone through about 15 or 20 discs trying to diagnose the problem. Right now I'm leaning towards a bad burner, but wanted other opinions.

I checked up on the point it's locking up and in Nero, it's always hanging at 22%. Another program I've used doesn't show a percentage, just the blocks written, and it seems to always lock up on the same approximate block #. Too, looking at the discs after it hangs, they all seem to have about the same amount of data written on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom