Builted First Comp. But Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechBlue

Beta member
Hello,
I'm having serious problems with my computer and every forum I go it takes days for responses.

Problem: The problem is my monitor goes on standby mode Green>Orange while HD,CD-RW,DVD,Fans are running.

Amptron
K7T Turbo 2 with AMD Athlon 2400+
Power Supply DC Out Put 188Watts
60GB Hard Drive Installed w/operatin system.
CDRW
DVDR

I just have no idea what to do. I even tested a lower AMD Cpu (2000) and still is not working.

Thank you.

Do you get any beeps when you start up? Does the monitor turn on at start up and then turn off later or does it never come on at all?

To tell yo the truth, I would put in a larger Power Supply Unit, something not over the top like a 350Watt Enermax would be good becuase it sounds like you are getting robbed of power with everything running.

May need to check the memory. You may have a bad module. Try disconnecting everything but the; video card, hard drive, memory, and make sure the monitor is plugged in and none of the connecting pins are bent. If the system boots up I would think it is power supply issue. A 188W power supply??? I would definately recommend going with at least a 300W or higher. What video card do you have? You might be drawing too much power.

Hope this helps.

The memory was tested on another system and worked.

I have a Geforce 2 64MB Video Card, Ati 7200m, Nvidia Vanta 8MB, tested all three. I hear one beep just like my running computers.

What mobo do u own ..... Does it by any chance have an onboard/integrated video card?
Make sure u haven't accidentally connected the monitor to that.

Also ... i too think ur power supply might be insuffecient ...check the power consumpsion of ur system .. Powersupply Calculator

Thanks guys for all your help :)! I will be testing that PS.
You guys actually posted more than a forum with 100K members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom