Built new PC w/ Intel D875PBZ and doesn't POST/boot - plz help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidbreakz

Beta member
I just finished building my new PC and powered it up today. All hardware powers up (fans, drives, board, etc), including video with NO POST beeps, but doesn't boot up. Video works...The Intel desktop board image loads onto the monitor, but just hangs...the screen doesn't switch over to the initial memory test/device check screen (thus I can't get into the BIOS at all).

I took everything apart and reseated it all. I then tried taking out the RAM and powered up again--got three long beeps. Put the chips back in, no beeps--but the same problem: No Boot?

I then took out the CMOS battery, left it out for a few minutes and replaced it. Powered up...same thing.. that stupid Intel desktop board image, but nothing else happened.

Here's what I'm workin' with:

Intel D875PBZ
Intel 3.0 GHz P4 w/ 800Mhz FSB
2x Crucial CT6464Z40B (512MB PC3200 DDR)
Western Digital WD740GD Raptor SATA
ATi RADEON 9600XT
Creative SB Audigy2 ZS
Pioneer DVR-107
Pioneer DVD-120
Antec PLUS660AMG (gray)
Antec True430 PSU

just to reiterate:

Although I get no beeps. Nothing as per the results of the POST shows on screen(as does anything else really)....the only thing I see when I turn on the PC is a blue, orange, and white Intel Pentium 4 desktop board "promo picture" thats comes pre-loaded in the mobo:
26815759.jpg

Could I have a bad CPU or mobo?

[thanks for your help/feedback!]

very possible. My brother had that board and we had simular problems but it was the cheap ass RAM he bought - we got 2 kingston 512 333 and poped them in and it ran. Im not saying it is your ram because crucial is very good ram but it maybe something you want to check out. Try to go to the bios on bootup - See if it says any errors.

Actually I really don't know if the BIOS is loaded or not. Like I said before, when I turn my tower on The only this I see is that blue intel board screen. (and nothing more).

I took out the CMOS Battery again, and left it out for 10 minutes, switched the jumper on the mobo to the "configure" setting and powered up. Still the same thing as before---absolutely nothing except for that blasted mobo pre-loaded intel picture on my LCD.

Tomorrow I'll give taking out the board from the case and trying it out on my antistatic mat a shot. Hope it works then...

any other ideas?

Upon a suggestion by a friend, I disconnected everything from the mobo except for the CPU and RAM. He said that if I got video POST beeps then it would be either my RAM or CPU. If nothing beeped even without a video card attached, then I should look into getting a new mobo.

Well, I gave it a shot and powered it up. No beeps whatsoever. He thinks that the mobo is shot.

Is that a good bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom