built a new computer but no keyboards will work, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaxs

Beta member
Hello all,

I just got done building a new system. I have been building systems for 5 years and I have never run across this problem. I have the whole thing put together and when I turn the computer on I get the "Bios CheckSum, defaults loaded press f1 to continue or del to enter setup". This is usualy normal when you havent set any settings in the bios, correct? Also, the keyboard does no work when plugged into the ps port. No light comes on, no keys work ect. ANd yes, I have it in the right spot (plus I tried both ports for girns and giggles). When that didnt work I figured maybethe keyboard was bad. So, I used my keyboard which is USB and it wouldnt work either, no lights cam one and no keys worked. My mouse is usb and the optical light powered on. I plugged the keyboard into the same spot the mouse had been and it still gets no power. I tried the new keyboard (Ps2 one) on my current desktop and it works fine. Does anyone have any clue as to what the delio is? I am assuming the mobo may be bad or maybe some crazy jumper setting? The board is an abit IS7 HT board and the processor is a p4 2.4 ghz HT chip. Please help, thanks :)

Windows

This isn't normal.
I have the whole thing put together and when I turn the computer on I get the "Bios CheckSum, defaults loaded press f1 to continue or del to enter setup".
So just ignore it.We all get those messages.
:laughing:

Hi Shaxs,
Sorry to hear your having kboard problems. The only suggestion i can think of is going to bios and make sure everything is set properly regarding keyboard settings, or worse case, goto Default Bios. You have probably already done this though.
Other thoughts: I have had problems similar to that due to even bad memory or processor setup incorrectly.
Kind Regards,

I cant even get into bios becasue you have to preess del to get to it :p And I really dont think bad ram would cause that do you?

pull the mobo back out and check to make sure the small spring type ground strap didnt accidently slide into the MS port socket and ground it out . If thats ok check the housing for loosness or bent the mobo may be DOA if its damaged .

I know the answer to this problem, but you said "delio" and therefore I will not help you.

:p Sorry man, no ideas here, just make sure them screws are in tight.

reset your BIOS. CheckSum error means you have not set date & time. keyboard not working may mean it is disabled in BIOS. unplug power cord and reset BIOS for 1 minute, than place reset jumper back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom