Built a computer but it does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerguy906

Solid State Member
The computer turns on the fans spins lits come on. The hard drive light comes on and stays on. None the less there is no Picture. The keybourd lights do not come on and the optical mouse does not start. This is the 3rd MOBO. I also tried a antec 350watt psu. with no luck. I have checked all the jumpers on the hard drive and mobo. Please help

FIC 865 dynasty P4-865PE MAX II
Intel P4 2.80e GHz w/ HT
2X Crucial 512MB PC2100 CL2.5
300Watt power supply
apollo Radeon 9200se w/128mb ram also tried a working nvidia geforce 2 mx with no luck
i cant think of anything else to tell you other then i removed everything and still nothing. even tried my working pc 3200 that did not work.

This is my second computer that i have built and first time with this kind of problems

I have taken everything out and checked it twice and it should work, but it did not work. This is killing me:confused:

which fan spins? does the cpu fan spin? if not your shit is prolly burnt out, but I cant think of any other problem at the moment

ya the video card is seated all the way in, but there is know fan so a cant tell. The board is prescot rdy.

Ya i used spacers but i dont know about the bios update. How would a person go about up dating the bios if the monator does not show a thing not post or bios.

i think it is your video card. try reseating the video card and make sure it is actually seated all the way down in the slot. sometimes when a video card looks like its seated it may not be. if you can still see the vertical lines or contacts at the bottom of the card it might not be all the way down.

I just want to say that you people are vary quick with trying to help. I have posted at other sites with almost no response. So keep up the good work.

Try taking the board out of the tower and laying down on a NON-CONDUCTIVE work surface. Plug in one mem stick, CPU&fan, Video card and nothing else.
See what happens.
I read on another board about a guy that had one too many spacers on the chassis pan and shorted out the MB.
While you have the board loose, check that also.
Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom