building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

31337g4m3r

Solid State Member
I'm building a gaming pc and am gonna be playing mostly bf2, doom3, and hl2. Could you all help me come up with a list of parts (only the ones i really need, not alot of money i have) and post them here. thx in advance.

**EDIT**

I was searching TigerDirect.com and found this barebones kit. I was wondering if I could buy this and upgrade it to 1gb ram and have it run my games.

**EDIT**

Forgot the link, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...o=1496796&sku=a457-2008 a&CMP=ILC-HomePg-TLC1

how much can you spend. we need to nkow the range lol. And also do you plan to OverClock this computer.

AMD processor. 3200+ minimum
DFI Lanparty nForce4 board
512MB or 1GB RAM. Corsiar, OCZ, Kingston, Patriot. (Value RAM if not overclocking)
6600GT, or 6800GT, or 7800GTX - depending on how much you wanna spend
good case and good PSU
WinXP
optical drives
hard drivers
any extras you want

I know I was kind of vauge but it all really personal preference and how much you are willing to spend. Those specs I posted will all run your games at medium settings or more.

ValueRAM isn't good for OC'ing? Damn...I was under the impression it was. 0_0 How much can they be OC'ed? Or can they not be overclocked at all?

Flanker said:
ValueRAM isn't good for OC'ing? Damn...I was under the impression it was. 0_0 How much can they be OC'ed? Or can they not be overclocked at all?

they cant be OCed. And to your post about the barebone yes you can there barebones lol.

check the link for the barebones, are the specs good enough and its something i can afford, w00t.

Dark_Sniper* said:
how much can you spend. we need to nkow the range lol. And also do you plan to OverClock this computer.

how can i overclock my current pc and will it do me any good if i get another one for gaming and this one for general stuff.

well what do you have. And htat barebone is ok i mean its better to go with socket 939 which is newer and better if not socket a will do fine.

EDIT that mobo is a micro you want to find one that is ATX.

31337g4m3r said:
whats a good cheap video and sound card that'll work with this barebones

dude its a micro motherboard its going to suck. And still wahts your computers spec maybe you could overclock it maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom