building a new pc... looking for some advice - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Drop the second video card. That will just be a waste. Spend that on the other stuff you need, hdd, dvd, case, psu etc...

BE HEARD - Techonvent
DS3 | E6400 - 3.2GHz 24/7 | 2GB OCZ PLat. PC6400 | 6800GT | Zippy 460W
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by GageMW
ok well, i realized mine seemed a little impracticle because youd prolly have to shell out about $100 for a case to hold that. check around newegg for a thermaltake,aspire, lian-li,antec, or cooler master. It would need a front back and side fan. top fans are nice but not necessary, like i said, you could prolly save yourself a bunch by downgrading to GTs and a FX53. also wait a while for some more suggestions, btw, do you plan on overclocking?
i would be a little apprehensive overclocking since its something i havent done before. i have looked into it a bit but its not on the radar at the moment.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

in that case you can drop all the way down to the athlon 64 4000+ for alot cheaper as it's the same as an FX53 but with a locked multiplier (used for overclocking) also it would be very easy to drop to one GT and add another if your not satisfied. also a good 500-550watt PSU would almost as well and shave off another good chunk. basically you just need to calculate the finances. wont be of any more help for a while. have to go out. GL though
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Rouen

^
I
I
Those guys have your components covered. As for a case, I just got a Thermaltake Xaser III Super Tower. Total of 9 fans including the power supply, two on the front, two on the side, one of top, and two exhaust in the back, and the powersupplys intake, and exhaust fan. Keeps the shizzle very cool, but I shelled out 220 after shipping. (190, plus 30 for 2 day shipping,) I had money to burn, so I'm sure there are more $$ economical cases out there. But if your going to buy the best hardware out there, I would buy the best case. The interior looks as hot as in the exterior :-P
Old 04-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i appreciate all the information here folks, its helped me out a ton. now i just gotta finish looking around and prepare for buying

thanks a lot folks!
Almightycow
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

K, gl

Closed Thread