Building a new gaming machine--need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomster2300 said:
I plan on getting 512 ram, but does it matter whether I get 2700 or 3200?

yes it does,...a 3700 is faster than a 2700...i think a 3200 is 400mhz and 2700 is 333mhz. the asus a7n8x supports both, i suggest you get the 400mhz.

btw,..its an nforce2 board,..i heard its quite picky in terms of ram modules that you use,..get yourself a good quality rams and not cheapo ones

tomster2300 said:
i forgot to ask, if i went with a cheaper mobo and 266 fsb athlon processor then would there be a huge decrease in framerate and gaming performance if i were to buy the radeon 9700 then if i went with newer generation hardware?

gaming would significantly be better if you had a good processor. and good processor performance is dependent on the mobo.

Another question I'm having is over the barton core in the newer Athlon processors. Does this core actually improve gaming, or should I go with the cheaper t-bred ones. I plan on getting the new Asus a7n8x board if that makes a difference.

yes, depending on your graphics card. get a better mobo, ..i'm not sure,..but if my memory serves me correctly ,...that asus board will not support the barton.

what would be a better motherboard then the asus one for around $100 or less? I've heard the soyo dragon something or other is better. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom