building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
I just got a MSI k7n2 mobo and a athlon xp 2400+ processor. i connected just the basic components. ram, video, CPU, heatsink and fan with grease. plugged all the power into the board and connected the power switch led. after i hit the power button the one case start for a quater of a second and stops that is all the power i get. i connect the power supply to another comp it works fine. proces works with other comp to. i have narrowed it down to either a bad board or i did not connect something to the board properly. i aint a retard where i didnt connect a major part of it. but did i miss something little?

i would make shur everything(like ram/vidcard) is properly seated, and all connectors are in all the way.

and is the mobo properly mounted to the case? the bottom of the mobo isnt touching the case is it?

my friend did this....

he forgot to connect the 12V on the board...

probley not but just in case

good luck

ps test every part, i had the same problem and it was my processer even though i checked it already...

check the vid card too

if the vid card is not connected you get any power what so ever. because it aint even turning on. by the way my terminology aint that great. 12v do u mean the connector from the power supply to the board the littlepower button cord to the board?

im not shur exactly wat happens. but if a curcuit on the mobo touches the case, thats a short, cause the case is ground.

lancer you were exactly right dude. i cant thank you enough. i screwed the board in tight and it lossened all the screw because it was touching and bingo it works. thanks again buddy i really appreciate it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom