building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
600Watt or 650Wat PSU
AMD Athlon 64 FX-53
A8V Deluxe Socket 939
2GB PC3200 (1GBx2)
nVidia GeForce FX6800 Ultra 256MB Graphics Card
DVD-RW drive (because games are gonna start comin on DVD discs)
CD-RW drive
19" CRT Flat Screen (or bigger)
TWO 74GB 10,000RPM Harddrives (RAID)
7.1 Sound card & 7.1 surround sound system
no less than 4 case fans

ATi started getting its share priced increaed from Radeon 9700 era (from 2.72$ to 21$), still they are in weak position, as ATi cards creates problems (too much), specially a third party manufactured card has 50/50 chance of working perfectly. whereas nVidia's card, no doubt who so ever manufactured it, works right out of the box.

I am on ATi, I have sold ATi's, and I know ATi. as I have strong components, therefore mine's working fine, as well, its the Original ATI Built. not fropm 3rd party manufacturer.

I read sumwhere in another forum that ALL RAID does is make it so if one drive fails the other takes it's place. I dunno if thats true cuz it sounds kinda stupid to me but i dunno.

its True, you must have read my posting, this RAID actually came for servers, where other hard drive works as a mirror of first.

as most important factor in server is hard drives, so this RAID is benefical in servers, not in desktops.

well, ok u will now tell me your preference.

u have web host, would you like to see your website'suptime 98% or 99.9999% ?

this every 9 after 99.9999 adds in cost of maintaining, the web servers, if one fails even for 2 seconds, you'll loose customers. therefore every effort is done to make sure that nothign wrong happens. you might still not realise the worth of service quality, but I can, as I have gone through full MS E-Busienss degree, and I know the hazards related to on-line busineses.

anyway, back to the topic... (not to be an asshole)

As a few people have suggested, Get:
AMD Athlon 64bit FX-53
Asus A8V Deluxe Wi-Fi Mobo
Corsair XMS 1024Mb RAM (2x512Mb)
nVidia GeForce FX6800 Ultra 256MB Graphics Card
DVD-RW drive
CD-RW drive
19" CRT Flat Screen (or bigger) This would do nicely http://www.lg.ca/computer/list.asp?sc=7
TWO 74GB 10,000RPM Harddrives (Raid0)

one of the reasons for having two harddrives in a Raid array is so that you can have twice the speed:

Raid0 will give you much more performance and speed by combining both hard drives into one, thus enabling your system to draw information from two drives simultaneously. The down side to this is that if one of your hard drives should fail, you lose all your data and must reinstall everything once the defective drive is replaced. The best advice I can give is to do regular backups when using Raid0.

Effectively doubling the speed of which data can be accessed, two 74Gb 10k Rpm hard drives in a Raid0 array would be like having one 74Gb 20k Rpm hardrive. the performance of a 10k rpm hard drive is much faster than a 7.2k in seek time normally, so with the speed doubled again = insane speeds

and again in the future, if you wanted you could get another 1024Mb kit of Ram because the motherboard would still have 2 spare slots ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom