Building myself a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattD4 said:
I've been long overdue for a new computer, for awhile not. Starting now, and through out this summer I want to begin building myself a computer. Over the past week, I've read nearly 50 articles regarding building computers and I have learned a substanchial amount, but not nearly enough that I feel comfortable actually digging right into the work. I've got not the will power or the money to damage expensive peices of hardware, that's why I come to you guys. The oldbies of the business/hobbie.

I do normal things with my computer, I browse the internet mainly, I listen to music and I also do school work with it. I don't play many games, but that might be an option down the road but for right now I'm not looking for a super good video card, the basics would do for that. Sound is an issue, I like loud music, so judge accordingly to that. I would like someone, to suggest what I should get for specs. in my computer anything from the case to the floppydrive. ;) (Not that it's important anyways)

Good sources of inexpensive parts:
www.pricewatch.com
www.essencompu.com (I use them a lot)
www.newegg.com
www.computerhq.com
www.tigerdirect.com

You can build a decient system for $800.
A celeron II 1.1Ghz or so would be just fine for what you want to do, and well within your price range.

My recommened brands for motherboards:
Abit
Soyo
Tyan
(In no order)

Recommened ram:
Crucial for SDRAM
Corsair for DDR

My recommendation for hard drives:
Maxtor
IBM

Any questions please feel free to pm me, or post for me. I have built many systems over the years and would be glad to offer advice.

-ChaosBlizzard

Alienware are for people who want a home brew system with and all the performance that goes with it but dont know how to built their own computer... If you know how to build a computer then you are wasting your money if you go that way.

And yes gigabyte is a good brand, from what I hear... All my recommendations are brands I have tried/used for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom