Building myself a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattD4 said:
This is pretty horrible help, that's if you're going to keep blabing back and fourth on who is the biggest newbie to the trade. The fact is, I'm the biggest newb and I need the most help. So dammit, help me instead of your *****ing, alright? As I stated before, I don't need an above average video card, caesar was right. I do however already have a decent set of speakers bought a couple months ago that I'm quite keen with. I'm more into the fact of gettting good RAM/HD/MB/Processor and Disk Drive. That's all I'm really looking for, the case I can likely find on my own. I want something that I can mod myself, or have it already come with a window..ect. Alls I need in a case is a good power supply and ample room for all my hardware.
Anyways, those of you who were trying to help, thanks.
Those of you who where *****ing, take it else wheres.

I've been trying to bloody help you, but you hadn't posted until now:rolleyes:

Get a AMD Athlon XP 2500+, a decent mobo with an Nforce 2 chipset, an ATi Radeon 9200, a Audigy 2 sound card, maybe Logitech Z-640 speakers, 2x 256mb of DDR333 and an 80gb 7200rpm Western Digital HD.

I can't tell you anymore then that:rolleyes: I've told you the same damn thing in my previous posts:rolleyes:

caesar would u use a celeron for video editing/ gaming or other processor heavy applications? if you wont then ur a damn hypocrite, because i wouldnt

YourPrinter said:
caesar would u use a celeron for video editing/ gaming or other processor heavy applications? if you wont then ur a damn hypocrite, because i wouldnt
OT:
I clearly posted no gaming, or cad/cam.

Guess you don't read.

Get a life.

then wtfs the point of having a celeron if u can only go on the net and word... unless u run some sort of business with a budget

YourPrinter said:
then wtfs the point of having a celeron if u can only go on the net and word... unless u run some sort of business with a budget

Don't bother, let him have his Celeron, everyone knows they are usless, so arguing with him is pointless:rolleyes:

YourPrinter said:

Looks like you and the other half wit missed the point.

I didn't really expect you to get it anyway.

ap

The Merlin said:
Don't bother, let him have his Celeron, everyone knows they are usless, so arguing with him is pointless:rolleyes:

Another genius heard from!

What would this board be without you?

Should I wear a jacket with my system displayed. (for all to see)

How lame?

btw. I use a P4. as in pentium.

ap

The Merlin said:
You said you have a Celeron PC??? Thats not a P4, so which do you own:p

READ READ READ!!!

I bought a celeron 2.3ghz to build for someone. NOT ME!

I also thought this would be a good project for a limited budget, not knowing in advance what the intended use was for the machine.

My own personal desktop is a P 4 as in pentium.

Your not reading!

caesar said:
I just bought a nice P4 celeron on ebay for $188.00 shipped.

Not trying to point any fingers here....but I think that Merlin was referring to this post. P4 is not the same as a Celeron.....I realize that you know this caesar.....I'm just pointing out that perhaps there was a typo in your post....

moving right along...

I don't have high respects for any celeron processor, however, on the other side of the coin, I have built systems like this before that included similar processors (VIA C3, etc) for the sake of saving money for the client and they are still using them today (most were built about 2-4 years ago).
I personally, won't built another PC without an AMD (XP or better), Pentium IV, Xeon or Opteron ever again. Not worth the risk in lack of performance.

In future posts, (THIS IS INTENDED FOR ALL....NOT JUST ONE PERSON) please respect people's opinions.....if it's gets a little hot....start to PM the member rather than start a flame war.
Food for Thought.....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom