Building a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

destyrabbs23

Beta member
Can anyone think of a reason why there isn't a market for Laptop components? Most of my friends when I ask, give me all sorts of BS about price and MoBo flexibility, and say that no one would want to build a laptop. Again all of that is BS, I personally would be the first in line to buy parts to build a laptop. As for components and size, there could be a form - factor system like in desktop building, (Full - ATX, Mid - ATX, Micro - ATX, BTX, etc...) This way manufacturers can get by the irregularities of laptop designs. as far as I'm concerned there is not really any reason why manufacturers aren't making Laptop components. Anyone disagree?

-Piet

you can buy barebone laptops. I think that is pretty good. most people dont want to have to build in that confined of a space. BUt that is just my personal opinion.

I'd say form factor, size and interface restrictions are the main reasons we don't see a market for laptop parts. Each brand has its own conventions and standards.

I do agree that this shouldn't be like this. I'd be the second in line to buy parts to build a laptop... after dest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom