Building Gaming PC - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #51 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 24
Send a message via AIM to dragonmstr
Default

i wouldnt rely on what tiger direct says if i where you they all retards there. i had called them and they said i coulkd return a motherboard then whe i got there they said no. and the cashier was messed up returning it then halfing to not return in the end i got a fee asus a7n8x motherboard because they where all messed up a didnt realize it :0)
__________________

dragonmstr is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Yeah, I'm not buying from Tigerdirect anymore, newegg now. Also a few questions.
__________________

__________________
\"And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me.\"
Isaiah 6:8
He Hate Me is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #53 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/
 
Trotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 31,307
Default

NewEgg is da bomb!
__________________


My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard


R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:20 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Ok I got a few questions maybe you guys can answer them and I'm set

I got a different monitor how is this?

Do I need a heatsink with this case that I have, I heard this heatsink works very well.

How is the hard drive?

and the CPU?

Thanks
__________________
\"And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me.\"
Isaiah 6:8
He Hate Me is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #55 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by He Hate Me
Ok I got a few questions maybe you guys can answer them and I'm set

I got a different monitor how is this?

Do I need a heatsink with this case that I have, I heard this heatsink works very well.

How is the hard drive?

and the CPU?

Thanks
HDD and CPU are great, any monitor should do

what do you mean by heatsink? heatsink/fan for the cpu? if you're meaning that, it comes with the retail box (the stock one)

edit: can you give us a list of your final build? [without all the newegg links] (btw, you don't need a sound card)
__________________


Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
diabloII is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Well the Zalman 7700 I've heard is really good, should I get this for my case? If so will it support it?

Is the audio that comes with the mobo any good? Because I've read that this sound card is pretty good, and should I get the retail version, does it include any stuff that I actually need? or just get OEM
__________________
\"And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me.\"
Isaiah 6:8
He Hate Me is offline  
Old 03-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Ok heres the final build:
_________________________________________________
Monitor:
SAMSUNG SyncMaster 710N-2-Ivory 17" LCD Monitor -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Case:
Thermaltake Silver XASER III LanFire ATX MID Tower Chassis with 420W power Supply, Model "VM2420AU" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Heatsink:
ZALMAN Aluminum + Copper CPU Cooler for Socket 775/478/754/939/940, Model "CNPS7700-ALCU" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Motherboard:
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
_________________________________________________
CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor, Socket 939 - Retail
_________________________________________________
Memory:
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
_________________________________________________
Hard Drive:
WD High-Performance 160GB 7200RPM EIDE Hard Drive Kit, Model WD1600JBRTL, Retail
______________________________________________
Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" OEM
_________________________________________________
Speakers:
Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Certified Speaker System -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Video Card:
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "256-P2-N376-AX" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
CD/DVD Burner:
Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive Black, Model DW-D22A-B2, OEM
_________________________________________________
Floppy: (LOL)
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model MPF920, OEM
_________________________________________________
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack SP1a - OEM
_________________________________________________
He Hate Me is offline  
Old 03-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #58 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by He Hate Me
Ok heres the final build:
_________________________________________________
Monitor:
SAMSUNG SyncMaster 710N-2-Ivory 17" LCD Monitor -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Case:
Thermaltake Silver XASER III LanFire ATX MID Tower Chassis with 420W power Supply, Model "VM2420AU" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Heatsink:
ZALMAN Aluminum + Copper CPU Cooler for Socket 775/478/754/939/940, Model "CNPS7700-ALCU" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Motherboard:
DFI "LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR" NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
_________________________________________________
CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor, Socket 939 - Retail
_________________________________________________
Memory:
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
_________________________________________________
Hard Drive:
WD High-Performance 160GB 7200RPM EIDE Hard Drive Kit, Model WD1600JBRTL, Retail
______________________________________________
Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" OEM
_________________________________________________
Speakers:
Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Certified Speaker System -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
Video Card:
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "256-P2-N376-AX" -RETAIL
_________________________________________________
CD/DVD Burner:
Sony Internal 16X DVD+/-RW / Double Layer Drive Black, Model DW-D22A-B2, OEM
_________________________________________________
Floppy: (LOL)
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model MPF920, OEM
_________________________________________________
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack SP1a - OEM
_________________________________________________
there really isn't much difference between the onboard audio and the audio card you're getting, unless you're an audio nut, i really don't see a point in getting the audigy

also, IMO, the 3800+ is redundant, i'd rather just get a 3200+ or 3500+ and save the money for later upgrades

One more thing; i suggest getting this burner, it gets better reviews than sony and i'm pretty sure a lot of people are usint it/happy with it (you can tell by the number of people owning it and the reviews on newegg, i personally own it and i'm very happy)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...152-035&depa=1

one last thing, you COULD get an aftermarket cooler (NV silencer or zalman) if you plan on OCing it
__________________


Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
diabloII is offline  
Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #59 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 635
Default

I concur, if you want an external audio card get an audiophile 192, or revolution 7.1. They're a little more expensive but you'll notice a huge difference (if you've ever used an audigy 2 zs before). I'd recommend the 192 over the 7.1 though.
__________________
AMD 64 x2 3800 Venice @ 2.0
Zalman 7700 @ 28c
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI
2 x Samsung 1gb DDR400 CL2.5
2 x eVga 6800 256mb GT
430mhz Core / 1.1ghz Memory
M-Audio Firewire-410
Sandra Memory Bench:
Sandra Cpu Arithmetic:

Eat your heart out intel.
senseless is offline  
Old 03-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 531
Send a message via AIM to jnev_89
Default

or you can get a av-710 for a sound card, super cheap (~$25) and i've heard they sound really good. also, i have the same monitor you're getting and it's really nice. i also got the zalman 7700 heatsink, also really nice. you have a nice setup going except i'd get the 3500 instead of the 3800. you can just oc past the 3800 spec and save some money.
__________________

jnev_89 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.