Building A Custom Gaming Rig! Need help! Amd/intel

dinothereload

Beta member
hey guys im new to this forum
and i am going to build a gaming computer from scratch for gaming and video editing
also for making video games as im going to college to be a game designer

im just wondering what your guys opinions are on some of the hardware i should get
such as the case mobo processor gpu soundcard
and monitors
and last but not least
the periphreals
like head set

Also how to put it together!

i am i console gamer so i am new to this

Re: Gaming Rig! Need peripherals! any suggestions?

im probably going to max at 1300
and carry over what you mean?
uhm battlefield 3
diablo
tf2

Carrying over as in Hard Drives. Because the price in HDDs has gone up, if you didn't notice. Anything that you can use again from your old system.

I have 1 2tb hdd that i can use

I think i want an amd rig
for video editing and gaming
something fast and that has balls
and with a budget of 1300

Alright
and is there a good set up for amd
with a 1300 dollar budget
oh i see how it goes now
thanks for the links!

with a 1300 hundred dollar budget i would consider the i7 3770k on a nice z77 board made by asus or asrock (asus sabertooth is pricey but apparently it's amazing), a radeon HD 7850 is the best bang for your buck, or a GTX 580 around the same price, those will run almost any game on high at a good frame rate. I wouldn't go for more than 8 GB ram unless you can get a good deal on a 12 GB or 16 GB, get a SSD for your boot drive and like 2 TB for your data drives. Look for combos on NewEgg and you can get that stuff for like 1000-1100 bucks and get yourself a nice monitor, mouse, case and keyboard =)

Pen tablet? I don't have one but I really want to use one for photoshop. A powered USB hub is a good bet.... and I would dare say you need a small mixer to control your audio properly. I'm a sound engineer though so haha!

Back
Top Bottom