Building a computer...Where should i buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I live on the east coast of Canada and was wondering where a good place is to build and order a computer from? 3 years ago i bought a computer from a local computer store (Avalon Software) and spent over $2000 on it, at the time i didn't know much about computers but now i'm pissed at what they gave me.

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz ddr333(at the time one of the newest processors)

ATI Radeon 9000 (tried to sell me integrated graphics with my motherboard, but i told him i wanted to play graphic intensive games, so he gave me a Radeon 9000(must have been collecting dust in their storage room) and told me computer graphics designers use it, so it must be good,LOL)

Asus P4PE Mobo ( Total piece of garbage, trying to get new Bios or update it is like trying to find the Lock Ness Monster.....if i could only speak Korean i'd call them up and tell them how much a piece of Sh*T their motherboard is.

I wanted a Sound Card and a DVD-writer but it seems they didn't even put either one in there, so i was left with onboard sound and no ability to burn DVDs.......LOL

ANYWAYS thats just a few things that went wrong with my first "building a computer experience". SO my question is other than Dell computers online what other companies are out there that i can take a look at? Please do not say Alienware or companies like that. Remember i live in Canada and i don't have $3000 to spend on Alienware system.

Haven't been to newegg in a while but they ship to Canada now?

Madwad you have a few options.

OEMExpress.com and Tigerdirect.ca are options but they are kinda shady

NCIX.com is a good one but they are in Vancouver.
... come to think of it, besides OEM and TD I don't know any Eastern Computer companies.... all western.

Trying to build a cheap computer online in canada is kind of hard to do,Newegg.com don't ship here and if they did it would cost just as much as going to a store and buying it,The only really big place to order online stuff for canada is www.tigerdirect.ca:( And by the time you buy from there and pay for shipping you could probably go to the local store and get it cheaper.

oh yea.

CDW.ca (manitoba)
Insight.ca (ontario)

I deal with them in my office. They have good prices and are pretty reliable.

On the Western side Memoryexpress.com is the shiznit for parts. They charge get about 5-10% cost and backup their warrenties very well... since the serial numbers are their ids in the system you don't even need a receipt if something goes wrong.

i thought newegg didn't deliver to canada...i was on here ther other day and it said no interantional order including canada. *shrugs*

i live in ontario and i ordered from www.anitec.ca it's out of vancouver and they've got a pretty decent selection of stuff. graphics cards a bit pricy i think, but mobo's and processor's are pretty competitve. i forget how long it was for shippin'...i just picked standard cause i didn't want to spend the extra cash, i know i didn't die waiting for it though....

jinexile said:
Haven't been to newegg in a while but they ship to Canada now?

Madwad you have a few options.

OEMExpress.com and Tigerdirect.ca are options but they are kinda shady

NCIX.com is a good one but they are in Vancouver.
... come to think of it, besides OEM and TD I don't know any Eastern Computer companies.... all western.

^^^
Tigerdirect.ca isnt shady, and NCIX.COM is great.
I order from both of these stores, tiger 3 times and NCIX once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom