building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
Ok I'm looking to build a computer. First off, hoiw hard is it to do? second anyone have any websites they can direct me to read up on how to do it? I havn't built on before.

Here is what I'm looking to put in and I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you think. Also what brand I should look into to get for each part.

Intel pentium 4 2.8ghz or faster 800 mhz
x2 ddr-400 512mb pc3200 so i can do dual channel like I was reading about on here
Not sure what motherboard to get, but I was thinking MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R ... It seems to be good. Whatd do you guys think?
Not sure what brand to get for the hard drive. Western digital? Seagate? I want it to be quiet though. Probably 120 or 160gb 7200rpm
Not sure on the graphics card yet. The newest geforce is kind of expensive so I'll probably get the next model down.
Sound card I'm not sure either. In this Pc I have the Sound Blaster Audigy and it seems to be good, but I was thinking about getting the Sound Blaster Audigy 2. Is it worth it?

So does this look pretty good? Anyhting I should change? What brands should I get for each thing? I also want it to not get too hot or loud... how would I accomplish this? I am just getting in to all this stuff. Thanks

cajun33 said:
http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/ For building needs.

www.newegg.com for parts.

Research the mobo in the forums or on www.motherboards.org That looks like a nice mobo.

If money is not an object go with the Audigy 2

Hope I'm not being too vague.

Ok the case I'm looking in to get (unless its a waste of money) is this one:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-126&depa=0

do you think 4 fans is enough and will keep it cool enogh and not be too loud? Also would be able to put the mobo I am thinking about getitng into it? What do you think of the case?

Jesus, if I had a dime for every thread about someone wanting a Xaser...

Fans are fine (maybe a touch noisy but not bad) and mobo is fine for that case.

I hate em. Way too gawdy for my tastes. But theyre fine cases. Only reason I dont like them is looks. They perform fine.

well MSI is not very dependable. I would def recommend the ASUS P4P800 Dex, if anything. Its a medium priced board, and you get a lot. Plus, its ASUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom