Building a comp, want comments/suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbabbit

Beta member
I'm over here serving in Korea so I'm a bit out of the loop on comps these days. I'm mostly a gamer with a bit of programming thrown in there, but this is what I'm thinking about putting together. Your thoughts? Suggestions? Upgrades? Stuff I'm missing but shouldn't?

Thanks,

Will Babbit

motherboard Intel D875PBZ
processor P4 2.8
ram 1GB 3200 DDR RAM (2X512)(Micron)
video card GEFORCE FX 5600 256MB
sound card Creative Labs Audigy 2 6.1
keyboard Microsoft Natural Elite
monitor 19" SONY TRINITRON
speakers creative labs 6.1 Inspire 6600
cd rom DVD/CD-R 48X24X16
hard drive Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200.7
8MB Buffer
mouse Logitech mx500

you got a good setup there, i don't know if you can do more...why don't you get an P4 3.2ghz .... or maybe get an geforce fx 5900 ultra while youre at it...

i don't know if the ultra and 3.2ghz p4 is already available there in korea,..here in the philippines..it usually takes about a month before these new stuff are shipped and sold locally after its initial release.

It's perfect. May want to get a faster CPU and a video card with more RAM so they will last longer.

Hrmm, haven't seen any video cards with more ram, though the 5900 ultra is faster. Only downfall is, I can build this comp for about 1400 dollars, with the video card costing about 180, but a 5900 ultra is 500 dollars, and a P4 3.3 is also twice as much (400) as a P4 2.8, but I guess it all comes down to what one wants to spend on the computer...I like speed and all, but the Army just don't pay much.

Thanks for the replies all, I appreciate the comments. Mainly the brands are what I'm not sure about, I've been out of the loop so much, like RAM, MB, HD, that sort of stuff. Sorry I wasn't more specific on the post.

wbabbit said:
I guess it all comes down to what one wants to spend on the computer...

this is so true.....,not to mention the general purpose of the pc.

but the specs you listed are prime stuff,..so i wouldn't say that you were entirely out of the loop....

good brands of RAM include Corsair, Kingston and Crucial

good mobo brands are SOYO, Abit, Asus, GigaByte.

but once again,..quality comes with a price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom