Building Another PC What Do You Think

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKongol

Baseband Member
I want to know what yall think of the new PC im going to build. Here it goes.

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI
MGE XG Vortec 600W PSU
AMD Athalon 3200+ Venice
OCZ Ehanced Latency VX ( 2x 512mb )
2x WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
2x MSI NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT

Overall its over $2000 but that is not any problem. I want to know what yall think. Im pretty sure this will work but i not that familiar with RAID. Any Thoughts???

It kinda looks like you are going to be overclocking.

Those MSI vid cards dont have great heatsinks+fans for much more than stock speeds. I would get Leadteks or get aftermarket HS&Fs.

From what everyone is saying, the DFI mobo seems to be the best SLI board for OCing.

By the looks of your RAM, it should be good for OCing as well. It uses Winbond UTT ICs and a Brainpower PCB (both good for OCing).

thanx for replieing. yes i am going to be ocing. i dont like dfi cause i work on computers for my job and we see more dfi than anything for being dead or flaked out. do you know if the hd and mobo are compbtible or do i need on more this is the first time im foolin with raid

Those HDs are compatible with or without RAIDing them on your mobo. I would tinker with RAID in the early stages of getting your computer built and running. This way, you dont have to worry about your Windows install, etc.

DragoonKongol said:
thanx for replieing. yes i am going to be ocing. i dont like dfi cause i work on computers for my job and we see more dfi than anything for being dead or flaked out. do you know if the hd and mobo are compbtible or do i need on more this is the first time im foolin with raid

Older and low end DFI boards maybee

But the DFI SLI-DR is the world's top peforming motherboard, no questions.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Older and low end DFI boards maybee

But the DFI SLI-DR is the world's top peforming motherboard, no questions.

i agree with that. i'm planning on building a new comp with the Lanparty without SLI because i'm not gonna use it. but i've herd all but good things about DFI so far.

i repair computers normally we see old campaqs, hp's, and dells. shoot we hardly see any one with a sata hd much less any raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom