Building and AMD lost!!!!!!!! need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the multiplier is is loked ur basically screwed because its EXTERMELY hard to unlock it (not every pro could do it, cuz in some cases it involves sodering and stuff).

Before buying u can ask if they are selling unlocked processors or read reviews.(I think it depends on when the processor was made, before they used to sell only unlocked ones, but now u can get locked)

In my opinion for that low of a budget u don't wanna get a locked CPU.

Look i am getting really confuse, now....

So what types of motherboards are unlocked.

Also are you basically trying to say that if i want to overclock the computer... i will need an unlocked motherboard, so that there is no 'bottleneck' in the FBS speed... so that everything runs smoothly.

By the way startec is right.... too much advice... and tooo confusing.....

I have some simple advise. Intel is cutting chip prices very soon...

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/28/technology/intel_pricecuts.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Although AMD denied that they will at the same time, they said possibly later in Feb. If you're not in a big rush, you might want to hold off for a couple months. However, if you pick up the 2500 on newegg, its currently $85 oem, so I imagine if they do slash prices, it won't be by too much. They might really slash prices for more powerful chips, so it could be worth waiting.

Just something to think about.

Well i am planning to build a computor in about a month's time. But i wanted to know what i was doing that's why i was asking questions? What about cases, which ones would you guys recommend under a tight budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom