build a system around my memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use that ram in any of the 200mhz fsb early socket A mobo's if you can find one, up to about 1.2ghz athlon or 900mhz duron max, somewhere in that neighborhood, FIC az11 or FIC ad11 comes to mind, may be able to find a used one cheap.When new they were only about $40-60.Problem is, soon as you put a processor in it, unless you can find one super cheap, you just spent enough $$ to buy a 1.8Ghz Duron mobo/HS-fan/memory combo brand new.

ebay the ram, or get a late model pentium 2 that takes sdram:
http://www.pcliquidators.com
http://www.matrixsurplus.com(they had a dual slot 1 mobo for $20 a week ago)
just keep in mind the above mentioned combo is about $75 shipped these days,so spending anywhere near that would be counter productive

Yo, I don't go Intel. AMD all the way! But, I do go SLI, cause that's the only way you can get 16x. If you have one card, it's 8x.

senseless said:
For sure not worth the money..

But if you have 800$ burning a hole in your pocket.... Why not?
Because you could of gone fx-55 with one 6800GT and have a much better overall system for the same cost.

What????????????
First, that is over twice the OC you got.
Second, it is a much higher base to start with.
Third, what is wrong with $800 out of your way? I thought you had that "burning a hole in your pocket"

The 4 ghz fx-55 clock is NOT stable. I can overclock my system to 2.85ish and still boot to windows. If i were to go and get an AC unit for my heatsink i could hit 3.0 (1ghz oc) with a processor that is 700$ cheaper than the fx-55. The problem i'm having with my processor is the same problem i would have with the fx-55. I won't be able to dissipate the heat faster than the chip produces it. So, i could either get a fx-55 and waste my money or... Get 2 video cards and be able to play SWG and cs2.0 (at the same time) at max graphics with 0 lag. Still having a decent stable overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom