Build in prgoress .... need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallblock

In Runtime
Build in progress .... need help!

The last of my parts for my first build arrived today. I've got it together and can get the power to come up ... but can't get past that point.

I've got the Raid Driver for my hard drive installed in the floppy drive. The power light is on on the floppy drive, but I can't tell that it is doing anything.

The LED's on my MOBO stay lit up as do the ones on my drives. I have never got any thing to show up on the monitor. I've checked and rechecked to make sure the video card is seated correctly. The monitor is on, and is securely connected to the video card. I took the video card out of the one I am building and put back in this machine ... it works fine. I put the other card from this machine in my build ... still nothing. Both video cards are good and work in THIS computer ... just not in my build. Any ideas?

Can some one give me some guidance or point me to a source of info to get me started?

Here is my build sheet

Motherboard DFI "LANPARTY 875P-T" i875P Chipset Motherboard For Intel LGA 775 CPU

CPU Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 550 3.4 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

RAM Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200

Hard Drive (High Speed OS Drive) Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD740GD

Hard Drive (Video Hard Drive) Seagate 7200.8 400GB 7200RPM SATA NCQ Hard Drive, Model ST3400832AS

Sound Card (High Quality for Video Editing) Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0380"

Power Supply Unit ThermalTake 560W

CD-RW Read/Writer Lite-On Black 52X32X52X16 Combo Drive, Model SOHC-5232K

DVD-RW Reader/Writer Plextor 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Burner with s/w and Black and Beige Bezels, Model PX-716A/SW
Floppy Disk Drive SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive

Case Thermaltake VA3000 Dream Tower Black Tsunami VA3000BWA ATX Case

CPU Heatsink/General Cooling Thermaltake Silent 775 CPU Cooler With Heatpipe Coling Tech for Intel LGA775 Prescott, Model "CL-P0092"

My video card is Radeon 9800 256 8X AGP

I know everyon here knows more than what they have shown.
Come on and give your support...
Yan

Well, that mobo is brand new, right? I would check to see if the AGP slot is out or something, well, since you can't get in your bios, ahhh, make sure the monitor works, other than that :(

nVidia > ATI, remember that, it could be the reason why the graphics card isn't working, the mobo is longing for a nVidia to sink it's nasty little teeth into, lol :)

The first thing to try is remove everything from the case including the PSU and set it up on a non conductive surface (wooden table or something)

It is possible the mobo is shorting out on the case so set it up on a table and if it works fine then you need to wrap all the contact points in the case with insulating tape (mounting screws etc)

To do this you only need to attach the CPU, memory and the video card .This will get you to the BIOS if it boots.

To boot up just tap the pins where the power button cable attaches to with a screwdriver or something.

If this dosnt work then i would suggest trying each component in a different machine to eliminate any problem with these.

If the problem still exists after trying all this I would conside taking the MOBO back to where you got it and get it exchanged.

This has happened to me twice and it is a ***** trying to figure out where the problem lies.

Good luck.

your first step is to boot up into bios take any cd`s/floppies out dont worry about loading anything right now you need to configure bios 1st .
Make sure all your power connections are seated properly to the motherboard (CPU fan especially Disconnect and reconnect all sockets to be sure ). Try leaving the ribbon cables disconected on the hard drives.Narrow down your PCI cards have only the AGP CArd installed . Try Clearing CMOS .You may also try having only 1 hard drive and 1 CDrom drive hooked up 1 stick of memory etc.. untill you figure out whats going on

Even with only a keyboard and a video card which I've tested to ensure it's good I can't get any beeps or any sort of response. I am pulling the MOBO out as I type (well, inbetween ... am not THAT good!) and will test it out of the case to see if it's a ground problem.

What are the chances that the CPU is bad?

OK, even out of the case where a ground problem isn't a concern it doesn't do anything. I am going to send both items back to NewEgg for replacements.

Thanks for your help.

smallblock,

i had the exact same problem, couldn't see anything but everything else "seemed" on.

turns out i had put in my RAM memory sticks in improperly.

make sure to check your mobo's manual and make sure to put the sticks in the right order/slot or else it won't boot properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom