To Build or Not To Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means which is better in terms of building. Is it better to build, or not to build?

I will say.....

Build!

To build yourself is always better. You can find the parts cheaper, you cut out the cost of labor for assembly among other things. You dont get the bloat installed by them and you have control over everything that goes in or out of the unit.

Ops... my bad!
Definitely build! It's cheaper and you learn how to assembly a computer and how to replace a broken part or upgrade. And it's very simple!

Build is better than, Well I'm looking for something that can handle recording audio because I want to learn how to record and edit audio because I got a taste at a college I went to and I liked it.

I kinda know a lil I mean uh motherboard, processor, memory, video card, audio card, power supply, cd burner, OS.

Kinda in these guidelines (wav files are kinda big though so something with alot of HD space)
*I want it to run smoothly
SONAR 8 System Requirements
System Requirement Minimum Recommended
Operating System* Windows XP(32-bit) Windows XP/Vista (32 and64-bit)
Processor Speed Intel Pentium® 4 1.3 GHz or
AMD Athlonâ„¢ XP 1500+
or higher Intel® Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz [EM64T]
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 2800+
or higher
RAM 512 MB 1 GB or higher
Graphics (resolution, color depth) 1024x768, 16-bit color 1280x960, 24-bit color or higher
Hard Disk Space 200 MB for core program installation 30 GB for program and content
Hard Disk Type Any EIDE/Ultra DMA (7200 RPM) or SATA
MIDI Interface**** Windows-compatible
Audio Interface***** Windows-compatible WDM- or ASIO-compatible******
Media Drive******* DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R, or DVD+/- RW Drive

Should I just buy parts from Tigerdirect or somewhere else, Any words of wisdom Thanks for the time.

Pretty much any system you buy today will be able to run that program. Any special equipment you'll be needing? You're probably gonna want a nice sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom