Build Me a Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uzi
No he will take advantage of it because the motherboard supports RAM frequency up to 711mhz. On the 1106 mhz bus (extreme edition intel) you can run the memory at 711mhz. On the 800mhz bus like that processor the memory can run at 600mhz stock without overclocking. (DDR2-700/675/667). See link.
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/qvl/P5AD2-E_DDR2_QVL.pdf
So he will be taking a lot of advantage from the DDR2 RAM plsu that motherboard has PAT and HyperPath2 which a $110 motherboard will not.

Also what x800 are you going to get for $210? Some crap I will tell you. The cheapest x800 that is actually good is the x800 xl for like $270.

Also 2 HD's is a lot faster than one and will help out all over the place, spyware scans, loading and transferring files,etc.

You are thinking too much in gaming terms, the guy wants a working machine not a gaming machine, and "no badass video card". So basically everything you just said is for gaming and not working.

@jnev, you are way overbudget.

Yeah Dale's system is looking good, and I hate to say I may actually be agreeing with he's saying in this thread (and others)

But the 6xxx is EMT64, not 64. Emulated vs true 64...

dale5605 said:
@uzi
No he will take advantage of it because the motherboard supports RAM frequency up to 711mhz. On the 1106 mhz bus (extreme edition intel) you can run the memory at 711mhz. On the 800mhz bus like that processor the memory can run at 600mhz stock without overclocking. (DDR2-700/675/667). See link.
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/qvl/P5AD2-E_DDR2_QVL.pdf
So he will be taking a lot of advantage from the DDR2 RAM plsu that motherboard has PAT and HyperPath2 which a $110 motherboard will not.

Also what x800 are you going to get for $210? Some crap I will tell you. The cheapest x800 that is actually good is the x800 xl for like $270.

Also 2 HD's is a lot faster than one and will help out all over the place, spyware scans, loading and transferring files,etc.

You are thinking too much in gaming terms, the guy wants a working machine not a gaming machine, and "no badass video card". So basically everything you just said is for gaming and not working.

@jnev, you are way overbudget.

Oh my mistake, he wants a bussiness computer. Well than he does not need DDR2 memory, and he does not need a 6xx series cpu. And he does not need PCI-E at all. A 128mb AGP 9200 should do just fine.

Anyways he wouild not take advantage of it because that CPU is not EE. And it is only 800mhz FSB

@uzi
It won't take advantage of the 711mhz but it will take advantage of 600mhz or further if overclocked. That is what I said, so you are still incorrect in that logic.
And of course he doesn't need the stuff, but he has a $1,000 budget and so he might as well get as fast as he can.

@dj
I heard that the AMD and Intel 64 bit architectures are identical, unless you can link otherwise. Benchmarks are nearly identical anyway, don't see what the difference is.

I dont think somebody with a bussiness computer really cares about Overclocking. I know what you mean by you making a computer that cost as much as he asked, but that money can go to other parts and or accesories.

Well granted you don't need ot get anything that powerful or overclock. But it's really Him's choice. Either you can get a cheap computer and save money or you can get the most powerful computer you can for your budget.

And I did try to include parts and accessories like the dual-layer DVD burner and the floppy drive.
Again though, if he isn't overclocking then fans and other accessories might not be necessary.

But the 6xxx is EMT64, not 64. Emulated vs true 64...
It is exactly the same as AMD 64. There is nothing "emulated" about it. I don't know how that got started but...

Since AMD is out of the question, I dont think I'm going to go with 64 bit. I'm going to stick with the P4 Socket T. Plus, since I think I might want to get me one of those soon, it would be a good way to test it out. None really commented on my original put together of parts, for the Intel build. It is one of the first builds.

Also, since I do have a $1000 budget I would like to spend the money on parts and NOT shipping. So if you do use a different site, please use one that has free shipping. Like ZZF does. Thanks.

What is PAT and HyperPath2? I have not heard of these.

Hyper Path 2:
The innovative ASUS Hyper Path2 significantly shortens the latency time between the CPU and memory on 925XE chipsets and improves memory performance without sacrificing stability. Enabling both Hyper Path2 and Intel PAT (Performance Acceleration Technology) on the ASUS 925XE based motherboards, delivers powerful computing never seen before.

Intel PAT:
The Intel Performance Acceleration Technology (Intel PAT) delivers additional system-level performance by optimizing memory access between CPU and system memory, and allows increased performance at standard operating specifications.
Key User Advantages:
Faster path to memory equals higher system performance.

High performance 3D graphics applications.

High resolution DVD video and games.

Oh and you do realize that the 64 bit Intel's are also socket T/socket LGA775 right?
I think getting the 64 bit would be a good move. The new intel 6xx series has 2mb L2 cache, memory overflow protection which prevents things like the blasterworm and sasser virus. Plus the computer will be ready for windows x64 edition. They are also faster in most aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom