Build me a computer.. $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my comp with no case.... well just a frame anyway... everything is open to the air.... I don't know if that's good or not but it doesn't seem to collect much dust. Most of my friends come over and look at my comp and think it's a pos.. because it look so messy with the power supply not mounted jus lying on the floor ... lol and the HD's are everywhere... but it's actually a pretty decent set up.

Oh, well I'm nowhere near there. I'm afraid if you were to have it done by me or someone as far away as me, that stuff would get rattled around pretty good during shipping and might not work upon arrival. Plus would you have them install all the software and stuff?

Just try it yourself.... takes about 15-20mins to put one together... the first time around maybe 40min. My friend and I recently did a engine swap in his car.... we had no clue wtf we were doing... made a few phone calls... worked all night... and the gd thing runs now..
DIY makes you learn...... well obviously.

i'd rather not do it myself. i guess i don't want to just play around with this really expensive hardware.

damnit man! I just wrote a response and it freakin Timed out on the webpage so I gotta re-write it.

Yeah I live in california. I designed, maintain, and help run my dads online business so I know all about shipping and customer service although I'm sure you would think otherwise regarding customer service :D My case is probably heavier than most cause I got a lot of fans and did major case modding to it, so it weighs atleast like 30lbs easily and that's probably anywhere between $15-$20 to ship.

Dell and peoplePC ship computers all the time, so as long as you package it good, shipping it cross country shouldn't be a concern. I'd build the computer for you as I'm sure a lot of other people would to. But it's a matter of getting the parts here to put together then sending it back to you. The best bet would be to order the parts to whomever is to put it together and have them ship it back

My father and I own:

www.27thavenue.com

It's a home decor site, but the point is, I can help you out if you need. I'd create a 'product' which I would make it so that no other customer other than yourself would be able to find, and would be able to calculate shipping fee's through that. As for paying someone to actually put it together, well half the fun is powering up that beast and seeing what it's capable of. Other than that, simply putting a computer together isn't worth a WHOLE lot of money. I'm sure places like best buy or local places would charge $100 easily so maybe look at what other places would charge and make a decision based on that. PM me through here, or contact me via my website if you want to work something out.

What's the going rate for building a computer? I think best buy would charge more then $100 easily. I'd probably do it for a $75, more like $50 though. I am tempted to do this, but I'm not sure how my parents would react to $2500 dollars in pc parts shipping to our house. I am tempted to do this though, I love building computers.

What's the going rate for building a computer? I'd probably do it for a hundred, maybe less. I am tempted to do this, but I'm not sure how my parents would react to $2500 dollars in pc parts shipping to our house. I am tempted to do this though, I love building computers.

Yeah I'm sure you would do it for $100 most people would, but I think $100 is on the expensive side, like if you were to take it to best buy. I'm saying he should charge less than that. Being that you're 14. Yeah....you'd need parental concent and if something were to go wrong he can't exactly sue a 14 year old ya know? Legalities are a b!tch. That's why I suggested to him to contact me through my dads website. We deal with customers and shipping and business aspects like this everyday. This isn't to say you aren't capable of putting it together lazerman as I'm more than sure you are :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom