build issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybeans=yum

Baseband Member
hello this is my first post here and just had a few questions. i was wondering if anyone has ever had any trouble with Kingston Technology Value RAM not being detected by a Soltek SL-K890Pro-939 MoBo. because when i built my computer using that board and ram the boot up process would never finish and the code i got was C1 which the manual read "First Block Memory Detect" and it would stay at that. The CPU (AMD Athalon 64 3200+) , Video Card (ATi Radeon x700), PSU(450 watts), and RAM (tested on another PC) all worked. I assumed was just a faulty MoBo so sent it back and ordered same one. But i wouold appreciate if anyone else had similar issues. BTW i did search and found people had similar issue but none of their ways of solving it worked for me. and i put the RAM in the 4 diff. DIMM banks every possible combination and one at a time. thank you

the Kingston Value RAM (512x2) RAM worked in my sisters HP pavilion 533w but the RAM from the HP didn't work on the mobo. hers has 256x2 one came with the computer and one is Ultra brand i think, got that stick at best buy. so i know the RAM i bought is good j/w if anyone had similar problem with using that ram on that soltek board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom