Budget PC.. feedback please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCn00b

Solid State Member
What up, I'm new. Can you guys tell me if this is a good budget PC. http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=66#header

I need some suggestions for a PC that i could keep upgrading and thats compatible with upcoming hardware. Thanks.

EDIT: crap, the link just resets my selections, ill just tell you the specs.

Ok, this is a BUDGET PC. so don't criticize if its not faster than yours and i don't know much about computer hardware yet.

Raidmax Scorpio-868 ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply

Standard Case Power Supply

AMD® Athlon-64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

[NEW !!!] eVGA 115-K8-NF31-AX nForce-3 250GB Chipset w/5.1
Sound, LAN, USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard

512MB DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

ATI Radeon 9600-PRO 256mb w/DVI + TV OUT 8x AGP Video (How much of a difference does the ram make on a video card?)

80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 Hard Drive

52x32x52 CD-RW Drive

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

**<< iBUYPOWER Recommended >>** Blue Lighting Translucent
Gaming Speakers

10/100 Network Onboard

PS/2 104 Key Windows 98 Keyboard

Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1A USB Internet Mouse

Any suggestions? Computer companies?

Budget PC's come in many flavors. What specifically are you looking to do with this PC? Are you looing for a budget "gaming" or "multimedia" or "both" PC?

When you say budget, (What is your budget?) How much can you spend or are you willing to spend? Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers? Or are you looking to purchase EVERYTHING?

Answer those questions, then I can help you.

EDIT: How much was that system that you configured and listed above?

HAVOC2k5 said:
Budget PC's come in many flavors. What specifically are you looking to do with this PC? Are you looing for a budget "gaming" or "multimedia" or "both" PC?

When you say budget, (What is your budget?) How much can you spend or are you willing to spend? Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers? Or are you looking to purchase EVERYTHING?

Answer those questions, then I can help you.

EDIT: How much was that system that you configured and listed above?

Thanks for the quick replies. Ok, I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard although i'm looking to get an optical one. I'm mainly going to use this computer for gaming. I'm looking at a budget at around below $700. And the computer I configured is $647.
Also, do you guys have any suggestions of other computer manufacturing sites based for gaming?

diabloII said:
what games are you planning to play?

the 9600pro isn't a very good card

I'm planning on playing games like:
Battlefield 2, Unreal 2k4, WoW, CoD 2, stuff like that.

Do you think I should get a mobo with PCIe? or can i stick with AGP and get the 9800pro. will that be sufficient for gaming?

9800pro?"? 9800pro is old crap

if you're on a budget, get the 6600gt

it has pixel shader 3.0 and can handle all of the games above

the 9600pro can handle WoW and U2K4, but don't think about B2 or CoD2 (unless you play at crap quality, which IMO isn't worth it)

is $700 your max budget? i can put together something better for a little more

Yea...all those games aren't that taxing...i think; you will be able to run them on regular settings just fine; don't expect 1200x1600 res w/ everying (you need to bust out at least $1000 to do that). Don't go optical; those mice slow down your gaming (and wireless too)

That computer's ok; don't expect magic, it's a budget PC

nah, the 9600pro is outdated and has a crappy price/performance ratio

if you want a budget gaming PC, you're looking at an AMD64 3000//6600gt//1 gig ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom