BTX boards a first look!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackwrx said:
I think they're idiots for making the case have to be backwards. You could make the motherboard exactly the same and use the cases we have now, everything would just have to be backwards. It's stupid to make the case backwards for any reason other than to help people be less confused that they have a BTX system.

Yeah, that will be kind of a pain, but rather minor one:p

the case isn't really backwards, power button and hard drives all where they are, they just flipped the motherboard backwards and had it facing front. It does look like it's provide better airflow, bigass heatsink sucking in air straight from the front of outside air nonetheless (hopefully you have a cold room) and then from there I believe it blows over the other components on its way to be sucked out the back. Mainly the mobo with the change of shape, case just conforms to it. But only like two PCI-E slots? seems like not too much as for peripherals unless theres something I'm missing

now think about this: along with the new BTX cases, you'll need a new BTX motherboard, and with a new motherboard you'll also need a new CPU to go with it, and guess what?
that CPU will most likely come from Intel
I think BTX cases are basically a marketing technique for Intel to sell more of their CPU's

Intel had been caught with their pants down when AMD released their 64-bit CPU's that can perform better than Intel's best CPU's, and I think Intel is a little desperate now as they are not going to come up with a new CPU soon - unless they make a rushed effort (in which case the CPU wouldn't be that great)

heat is Intel's reason for creating the BTX cases.
sure CPU's generate a lot of heat nowadays, but that doesn't mean your computer is going to blow up just because you don't move to a new case design
just look at it like this: it doesn't cost that much to get a heatsink and fan, but what is the cost of a new case, motherboard and CPU?

now I'm not totally against BTX, but I don't think it's going to give you enough advantage over ATX to make the move anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom