Broken/Non-Working USB ports -- Wi-Fi USB Hub?

knockoutlounge

Beta member
I have a Toshiba Laptop that has had broken USB ports since I purchased it (refurb, no returns, screw it).

I actually dropped the bad boy a few days ago and wound up making the little hard drive chirp like a birdie; needless to say, a quick trip to Staples rectified that.

**Now, here's the issue/question (if you're still reading):**

Due to no USB ports working and, realistically I give up. Is it possible, and what's the best method for connecting a keyboard and mouse if I were to connect to a TV via HDMI.

Is there a **Wi-Fi USB** hub that my laptop can pair with via WiFi and use USB ports from that device? If so, is this viable? I've seen a few on the web, but not sure how they work - has anyone had experience and/or working knowledge? Is there any other work around for using USB devices on a PC with broken USB ports?

Or, I know HP has made a WiFi mouse with mediocre ratings; is there a WiFi keyboard?

Thanks folks!

If you have an Android phone or tablet you can use something like Unified Remote to emulate a mouse/kb using the touchscreen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think it would probably be cheaper to replace the mainboard. Its going to take half a day carefully taking it apart, getting the mainboard out, switching over the CPU (and memory, but thats easy) to the new main board, and putting the whole thing together again, but you may find the mainboard can be purchased for around $100, which may be worth it..... AND your USB ports might work again.

Back
Top Bottom