broken audio jack - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question broken audio jack

I don't know if this is the right place for my problem? A few months ago while I was in the process of moving I had my compaq presario 6027us on the dinner table temporarily. One day I came home from work to find that either the kids or my cats had been playing behind my computer. I noticed that I was not getting any sound from my headphones that I had plugged into the factory audio jack. when I looked behind the computer I was I found that someone had broken the headphone jack's metal prong half way down. It had broken off at the first little plastic ringlet on the jack. So to make a long story short how do I get the broken off piece out? I don't want to have to buy a new sound card. I would rather not send out to compaq/hewlett for a new part. Has anyone had this problem before?

Old 05-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default deseperate

If anyone even has any clue as to how I can fix this ANY suggestions at all please help.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Isn't there anyone out there that can help me? please.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

a pic would help. could you post one so we can see what it looks like. you may be able to replace it.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Hopefully your sound is not intergrated :-) which it looks like it is by the specs http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00009568 ofcourse unless you paid extra for them to put in a soundcard. If it was onboard then you wouldn't be able to take the sound controller out(easily that I know of)