Brightness broken on Windows 10 build 14342

Zekester2097

In Runtime
Today, my laptop finally updated to the insider preview I opted into... Everything welt well... Until I was at the desktop.. The brightness hotkeys don't do anything. the brightness controller in the Windows Mobility thing moves, but doesn't change anything at all... I've tried installing different drivers. The screen is blindingly high... How can I get the brightness back??

Reinstall GPU drivers? Reinstall keyboard/hotkey software for your brightness to work?

Remember, they're previews for a reason ;) - expect bugs. If you're going to be using the previews, make sure you're reporting any issues via the Feedback app.

OK, will do.. I need the brightness settings, so I'm probably going to use the option "go back to a previous build"...

PS. another thing. my Windows Gadgets application broke from the update :/ its another topic, but I'll probably report that too, I guess..

Last edited:
Okay, today my Windows 10 updated. the dreaded brightness problem has made a return in build 10583.318. Sadly, the same problems I feared have returned. 1) brightness broke again. 2) My Windows Sidebar broke. (gadgetsrevived.com's sidebar). 3) that one extra clock didn't make a show in the stable build :( . I mostly care for 1 and 2. Any way to try to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom