Brand Name Vs Generic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmanOne

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I am picking out a case, and want to know what some of the differences are. There are two similar cases, one is generic and the other is an Enermax case for 40 bucks more. However they are identical. Both no PSU or fans, so I have to add them each. My question is, is buying a brand name case over a generic a huge deal, and do you get what you paid for...or does it not really matter as long as there is a good PSU and fans?

When it comes to computer parts, always go for the brand names known for their quality, regarless if they cost more. In the long run you will be saving money and time. I have learned this over the years...lol.

in terms of the actual case, what's it doing? nothing but holding the parts in place right? shouldn't matter, quality might be less in terms of materials used but what you get what you pay for right?

i would be more concerned with buying quality fans, power supplies, and parts if you're on a budget, but if you've got the extra cash, buy a good quality case

BlindApex said:
in terms of the actual case, what's it doing? nothing but holding the parts in place right? shouldn't matter, quality might be less in terms of materials used but what you get what you pay for right?

i would be more concerned with buying quality fans, power supplies, and parts if you're on a budget, but if you've got the extra cash, buy a good quality case

Thanks, thats exactly what I was thinking. However, having someone with more knowledge repeat it makes me feel better about the choice.

I'm going to go back to the store, open up both cases. If the generic feels a lot cheaper, ill just spring for the Enermax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom