Brand for 9800xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst711

Baseband Member
hey i am on newegg and i see all these different brands and there all out of 9800xt ATI and i am looking at the sapphire but i would like to no what the difference is between all the brands

thanks, mark

i ve had bad expirence with asus i am not sure if i want to put 400.00 in to them

IMO, the ASUS looks ugly:p Quality company though...

Sapphire is very good though;)

Hercules make good looking cards aswell;)

Well, the brands really arent that different at all.

In fact, they are almost an EXACT duplicate of the original ATI/NVIDIA made versions, just that they contain little features such as extra/better fans and such that the different brands add to them to spice the card up a bit.

So in other words, brand name doesnt really matter. As long as it is the right card, any brand will be about the same.

Hope this helps!

I kinda like Sapphire cus they are good partners with ATI and from what I've seen normally get stuff first. They also seem to be priced lower. I'd say avoid powercooler only because I know no one with experience with them. Stick to ATI, Sapphire, ASUS IMO.

Many OEM manufacturers of these cards usually produce the cards with low quality components (hence the cheaper price), and sometimes lower their core/memory frequencies from the original specifications. PowerColor, as far as I know, is one that does such.

myst711 said:
hey i am on newegg and i see all these different brands and there all out of 9800xt ATI and i am looking at the sapphire but i would like to no what the difference is between all the brands

thanks, mark

I use Visiontek because it is the only company I have found that has a LIFETIME warranty.

I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro, had no problems with it, runs at the same performance as everyone else's.

Only negative thing I have to say about it is that it has "just" enough cooling - don't expect to be able to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom