boots fine but no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
i just installed a new motherboard in my computer. everything is hooked up and the system boots as far as i know (i hear everything working and the fans spin) but the fan on my video card does not, and no signal is recieved by the monitor. i have a sapphire 9800 pro with an arctic cooling VGA silencer. also i have checked to make sure the power plug on the card was plugged into a molex connector and it was. i have no idea why it is not working, please give me suggestions as to why this is, and/or how i can fix this.

RMA the video card if under warrenty. Does th new board have onboard video?
Make sure that the card is seated properly in the slot.
Check the bios to see if the AGP video is enabled

Sounds like the card died to me.

i dont know what RMA means. ive re-put-itback-into-the-slot like 3 times. and the motherboard is a NF7-S2G (not nf7-s v.2), and it has no onboard video. so its the card not the bios either. i didnt know cards would just "die" for no reason...

Since the fan is not running I would suggest returning the video card and getting it replaced with a new one.

Hope this helps.

will i be able to return it even though i put on an arctic cooling vga silencer?

nevermind, i cant return it. i put permanent heatsinks on the memory, thermal epoxy you know. any possible way i could fix this with out buying a new card? i dont exactly like spending that kind of money.

First, try a different video card to see if that's the problem.

Double, triple, quadrupal (spelling?) check to make sure everthing is seated correctly (RAM, Video Card, Power connectors etc...)

i have checked it all many times, the rest of the setup is completely 'seated' correctly. its definetly the card. i have no other card to confirm that , but im sure its the card it self. took off the fan because its connector was broken so i thought that might be why. I did however notice that the motherboard says it was compatible with 1.5 and 0.8 V agp cards and not 3.3 V cards. i dont know what voltage mine is. would that be why it is not functioning?

If nothing comes up, then it doesnt 'boot fine' as it's not even posting muchless booting.

Remove the video card. Are there any error beeps? If so the video card is at fault

Remove the RAM...does the board beep then? If so the RAM is at fault.

If not then it's the CPU or mobo

3.3v video cards are the older cards. Yours is 1.5v so that's not the issue here.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

When I say to remove those components make sure you have only the RAM, vid card, and keyboard connected.

If need be you should put the mobo on an anti-static bag on top of the mobo box and that will tell you if your mobo is grounding out in the case.

When people see this 'no video' they automatically assume it's the card.

Your system isn't POST'ing at all, it has power to it, but it's basically a dead computer which indicates something besides the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom