Booting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust_nul

In Runtime
Hey, I built my system 2 years ago, and I think the problem started off when i put neon lights on my pc, some how too much eletricity got to the Harddrive and the hardrive almost caught fire, but after unhooking the lights, the hardrive booted up fine, that happend over a year ago and the pc worked ever since

until recently, everytime i booted up the pc, and if i was to even touch the case, the pc would either show up a black screen, Blue screen saying somthing about hardware or freeze. Sometimes it wouldnt get past the bios, until one day the hardrive just fried out, I managed to get another board chip from a different hardrive and swap it so i could boot up the hardrive, it worked but it didnt work with the pc

so i went a bought a new hardrive, installed xp onto it, and it was working for a week, absalutly fine, until today, everytime i start up the pc and touch the case etc, it does the same thing, or when windows doesnt load properly, the screen that comes up asking if you want to run windows normally, the top of the screen turns to jumpled up letters then freezes, but mostly, the moniter also is starting to go on standby and wont turn back on until i reboot the system.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be, I think its the motherboard, but why would it run fine for a week, once i got the new hardrive :mad:

Thanks

Ok... From what I can see, if you touch the case things break... This leads me to believe that you have a loose connection somewhere.

Please check all connected devices and make sure they are all snug and seated properly.

yep, done that about 5 times!
The blue screen says
Hardware somthing
Call your vender for support

ill try taking a video and see but it on you tube, i cant take screen shots with it being frozen

nope, i just tapped the pc to see if it would freeze, and it didnt, i actually hit it quite hard then and it didnt do anything,

but then other times i only have to touch it and it will freeze up or somthing. Its crazy, I got the picture,

It says in the top left hand corner....

***Hardware malfunction
call your hardware vendor for support
*** The system has halted ***

This may be an overheating problem, u may think that its under control but try keeping it really cool and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom