booting help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buz26

Beta member
I recently upgraded my old pc with a 1.6 gig socket A amd cpu, and when i boot it up, it all loads fine, but if i switch off the pc and reboot, the screen go's black and nothin happens, if i remove the cpu fan plug and replace it again, it seems to load it normally again, have i missed something out in the hardware setup config?

cheerz

buz

what if you just unplug the power cord in the back and not remove the CPU fan, does it only power up if both removed? I'm thinking there is a MBD or power supp grounding issue.

i fail to understand what you are trying to describe.
when you try and (reboot) you get a balck screen?
do you see the post?
can you get to Bios and make sure the propper CPU specks are loaded and saved?
once in win dows (what version please?) does it register the full 1.6Ghz CPU?

reseating the fan plug may only be coincidence or it just may be a short or ground somewhere

check the power of that fan as well... if there is a dif. between what this fan needs and the old one it could be confusing the system.

I'm assuming he means its just dead in the water, gets no post/video... if not, then thats something we really need to know.

ok...

Urm, I kept the power suply in the whole time, i only removed the cpu fan, and my motherboard I think only lets my cpu run up to 1.3, and when I say a black screen I mean like when u get the black screen and it all boots up, this doesn't happen, I just get a black screen and the pc fails to boot up, it just stays in this frozen state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom