Boot up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jppoulin

Baseband Member
Well I did something that in retrospect may have been a bad descision. I will show you my two computers and then what I did wrong.

Well I have a Pentium III 667 with an Intel 810e mobo. I also have another comp with a Celeron 667 with the same mobo.

Well the celeron wasn't turning on. So I wanted to figure out why. I swapped PSU's and both work find. I think swapped cpus, well the board for the celeron is fried. When I put the celeron in PIII board there was 3 consecutive beeps. Since no video appeared I assumed the boards bios didn't adapt to the new cpu so I just removed the celeron and put back the PIII. I was grounded the entire time and I am very experienced with doing stuff like this.

Anyway, when I started up the PIII comp the 4 consecutive beeps continued. I assumed I screwed up the settings so I tried reverting the bios to default by removing the back up battery and unpluggin the power supply. Well still it beeps 4 times. All help is appreciated. The computer is linked here.
PIII is the following link.

PIII

Thanks you for comments/suggestions.

Wow, after extensive testing, I figured out the problem. One of the ram sticks I must have fried because when I removed one it booted up. Thanks anyway people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom