Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is going to be a power problem. I just put a new Thermaltake 420W psu in. I was thinking about reflashing the BIOs but I have no idea how to do that especially if it doesn't recognize that the hard drive and cd rom drive is installed.

All my jumpers are correct and I checked all plugs several times. The only thing I haven't checked are for shorts.

Honestly, I am thinking of just scrapping that Dell and getting a new mb and case.:)

So, anyways, what I guess I am trying to get at, is how do I flash my BIOs?

ok i dont think u can flash the cmos like a normal computer cause with the dell i have it looks like they broke the pins and toulk the connector and u cant flash them. Put all ur files on another computer wipe ur hard drive put all the files back and ull be good to go. This happens to me once in a while with my computers cause i have soo much stuff comin in and out of my internet soo its reall y my fault that this happens to me.
DO A FULL REFORMAT not a quick!!

Well, I reformatted the HDD and put another one. It worked well the first time but there after...well, now it is just junk.

I am wondering if the mobo is damaged from my wife having the computer pluged into a faulty outlet. Could that be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom