Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinsidedblad52

Beta member
I just built a new system and I have been having several problems. At first it was the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but after I was able to fix that a new error arose. Then, Right after the motherboards logo screen, and loading screen, the screen goes black. Windows XP does not even get to it's own startup or login. Also, when I input my Windows XP CD to try and boot from that, the screen goes black even then. And now, it will not even get off of the Motherboard Logo.

The system I am currently running is a ECS KN1SLI lite motherboard, with a AMD Athalon 64 3800+, two 184-pin DDR-DIMMs both 512 MB. The Video card is a EVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS. Which is 256 MB itself and PCI SLI compatable.
The CDROM is a basic 48 speed non-DVD

Any help would be great. I am not sure if this would be hardware or software, I guess it could include both?

sounds like a video issue due to the fact that it wont even boot into the cd rom try a friends card or put the card in another machine be sure it works. if not begin looking into the motherboard perhapse this is definetly a video issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom