Boot Issue - Nforce Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmootill

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Well I recently built a new comp, and have had a few issues with it (see "The Curse of the 2 RAM chips" in this forum) So, my issue now is with booting. It has happened since day one, that the machine doesn't like a "warm" boot (is that right term?). i.e. if I restart from WinXP, or even from holding down my power button for 5 secs. the comp won't post on restart, no beeps, just sits there with my fans running until I totally switch off the power in the back, or pull the plug. Then I release the remaining charge, and I can boot fine. I get no other issues in WinXP, it seems strictly limited to my booting. This, like my other issues might be fixed when I get my new, much better quality Corsair RAM, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what I might try in the meantime. Have cleared and updated BIOS to no avail. I am still using one of the Kingston ValueRAM 512MB sticks which will be replaced as soon as my new RAM comes in. System specs to follow:

Thanks,
Shmoo

Gigabyte Nforce2 7NNXP mobo
512MB (1 stick) Kingston ValueRAM DDR 3200 (Soon to be replaced with Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL 1GB - 2 sticks)
AMD XP 3200+ Barton
Geforce 5900XT 128
420W Power Supply
Disabled RAID and SATA
All temperatures are good on mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom