Which board would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wt3ch

Baseband Member
Okay so I've been milling throught he options and would like to make a decision. The 3 major things that are important to me are:

1. Ease of installation and use

2. Compatibility & Upgradability

3. Good enough onboard sound quality that I don't need to add a sound card

It looks like all three will be great performers so I'm not to worried about that. The ABIT got rave reviews over and over and so did the ASUS. I know a lot of people here like the DFI boards as well and I love the color combo and UV cables on that one. All the boards look excellent and I'm having a hard time deciding. I'd like to get some opinions.

The Asus in all honestly are crap for newer AMD boards, and DFI wins

What socket of board are you looking for?

Not sure about PCIE, but for AGP the MSI gets the best ratings.

As I assume that these guys use PCIE, go with them ;)

Ok dfi is def not easy to use. I just found this out yesterday when someone I knew bought it. he had a bunch of trouble figuring out which jumper belonged where and the manual was confusing. He is not a first time builder, but he is no computer expert either. He is building his 2nd machine, so you could call him a novice(sorta). If you don't know exactly what your doing, get some other mobo. If you know what your doing then DFI is good.

DFI is easy to configure. Their's no reason why a computer n00b should change any jumper or anything in the BIOS except the boot pririority's. But for overclocking this board is advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom